The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test for admission in a graduate management program. The test consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The exam is taken online over a period of three hours, with one hour per section.
You will need good books to prepare for CAT exam. But there is a tsunami of CAT books in the market. Here, in this post we will give you a list of the most recommended books for CAT.
How to select books for CAT?
Candidates should usually keep basic things in mind before starting this journey.
– Go for the latest edition: Candidate who is clear in preparing for CAT is always advised to go for the latest edition. The syllabus of the entrance exam will always be in an updated style. So being updated with new concepts is first and foremost area to be concentrated. For this, you can check with the publishing year with which you can select the latest edition of any book.
– Clear Focus: The book whichever is chosen should have clear focus on exam point of view. Explaining a pool of subject without having a stream to your destination won’t help you. So, be wise in this.
– Importance for Reputation: Renowned author or reputed institution hardly miss their target. So, the path waved by them will definitely take you to your destination.
– Coaching Institutes: Having a glance at any coaching institutes material is advisable. Because many complex problems will definitely be been explained in simple ways.
– Compare: Quality comparison will help you end up in a right place. Different books having similar topics can be compared and the right one for your unique way can be chosen very easily.
Section-wise best books for CAT Preparation:
Section-wise preparatory books for CAT preparation is given in below table. You can click on the book name to buy or check further details, reviews on Amazon.in.